26 December 2007

98 days . . .

i finally booked the amsterdam leg and return date for my trip to europe. my mom and i are doing an 11-day tour of northern italy and then i'm tacking on a few days in rome by myself before heading to amsterdam to meet up with some friends for a 30th birthday celebration.

i had until today (of course, i procrastinated till then) to book my return. i had been waiting to see if it made sense for mac to meet me in rome for a romantic week together. the more we talked about it given everything else going on, the more sense it made for me to come back earlier. we're talking about a trip to bc for our birthdays in late feb/early march and maybe a trip to santa fe in late may before we move in together. we're also starting to plan my kitchen remodel. all of those things combined just didn't leave us enough $$ to do rome this year too.

am excited about the trip to europe nonetheless but i can't imagine being away from her for 21 days right now. i'm sure it'll be fine but will still be hard to be away from suki for that long too. i've added a few days on either end of the europe to see some family in tampa. i think dad's finally gonna have a puppy for me too so i may be coming home with it. his latest litter of dobies is due on jan 2nd and hopefully there's a puppy with my name on it out of the 8-10 pups that are born. have been wanting to get a pup for suki to have a buddy for awhile. it's interesting that it's finally coming now. mac's dog and suki are starting to get along. we'll see how it is with a 3rd dog in the mix.

so today i'm thankful for ... a trip to look forward to and some great memories i'm sure

No comments: