17 October 2007

centering . . .

not even sure how to explain the feelings going on right now for me. am on cloud 9 and floating off the ground due to the amazing woman i've met and am spending time with. we have an indescribable connection that makes no sense. even though it's only been a month or so, it's a very deep connection that we share and are enjoying immensely. it doesn't feel rushed or overwhelming. just delicious and peaceful. i cherish each moment we get to share and look forward to seeing how this develops.

at the same time, i realize that in order to be fully present as i explore this connection i must be present with myself and that means setting my priorities in such a way as to not *lose* myself in the newness and power of my feelings when i'm with her. i know i have the tendency to completely fall down a rabbit-hole when i meet a new person and i then find myself neglecting both my needs and obligations to a point that i feel completely out of sorts. i don't want that to happen this time. i want to take it slow and learn about each other while maintaining our own lives and continuing to grow as individuals.

i can honestly say that i've never felt this *healthy* about any relationship. while a part of me wants to see her every day and just forget that the outside world exists, i know that i cannot do that and still feel as if i'm taking care of myself. i am learning that to feel *whole* i must be able to be with myself and pay attention to what my body needs and what my mind needs to feel centered. i am grateful that i've met someone that can appreciate that need and has no hesitation to ask for that space for herself as well. it's a precious understanding of oneself and one that i respect very much. i think i've reached a point in my life where i couldn't be with someone that didn't have that awareness of themselves and their needs.

so today i'm thankful for ... self-awareness both in myself and in the people i hold dear.


No comments: