14 August 2007

the only thing that stays the same is change . . .

the last 7 months have been a pivotal period of transition and transformation for me. if i'd predicted what my life would look like on this day a year ago, my description wouldn't even resemble today's reality. while i wasn't thrilled or fully prepared for what caused this process to begin, i am now thankful for the opportunity it's given me. the chance to rekindle my relationship with myself, to re-examine my life's priorities (both personal and professional), to learn how to live alone and enjoy it, to meet new people and discover new places . . . so many that it's impossible to list them all.

the most critical seems to be that i have the time and energy
to examine what i like and don't like about myself and decide what to keep and what to change. have made lots of changes in the last 6 mos - above and beyond the obvious one, buying a new house. i have bought a new car, changed my hair style, changed my overall style of dress, and have basically changed my outlook on life. change is good. it's cleansing. it's refreshing. and it's crazy scary. but ya gotta press on and do it.

on that note, today i started to get active again. i met up with sweets at 6a for a good brisk walk (although i know i slowed her down ;-) we walked till 7a, grabbed a cuppa joe and i headed to the office. decided while i was sweaty and needing a shower, i'd just do some weights too. felt good to move my body again. will definitely keep doing that ... the reward felt too good. will also be nice to reinforce the not smoking.

i've also scheduled an acupuncture appt for thursday to reinforce the not smoking thing. so far so good. have been continuing to take my breaks with my smoking buddies but not smoking. event went to a bar last night and drank but didn't smoke. i really think this time might be it.

more changes are coming ... i can just feel 'em. pretty exciting to have prospects on the horizon. pretty fun to actually be looking forward to change ... hasn't always been the case for me. i guess it just fits with the rest of the changes.


No comments: